Men's Nuclei AR Jacket
The Nuclei AR Jacket combines seam taped WINDSTOPPER® weather protection and warm, resilient Coreloft™ insulation in a jacket created for cold, wet belays and frigid bivies. The N20mr WINDSTOPPER® outer delivers breathable wind protection and sheds falling snow and dripping moisture. Critical seams are taped for more comprehensive weather protection. Light and compressible, effective when wet, and delivering a high level of air permeability to help prevent moisture build up, Coreloft™ insulation uses crimped polyester fibres that resist packing out even after multiple trips to the stuff stack. The Nuclei is designed with its quilting on the inside. This allows the Coreloft™ to conform to the body for maximum efficiency.
FREEDOM to PERFORM
Freedom to perform requires freedom of movement. Arc'teryx selected Coreloft™ insulation because it delivers its warmth with a low profile. This, along with the functional articulation in the sleeves and gussets under the arms, provides necessary freedom of movement and comfort for long belays. The Nuclei's Athletic fit minimizes fabric bulk but leaves room for a light midlayer. The coated Vislon zipper reduces irritation under a harness by eliminating the need for a storm flap, two zippered hand pockets provide storage and are heavily insulated for warmth, and an internal mesh pocket holds goggles, gloves or toque. A stuff sack is included and can be clipped to harness when not in use.
COVERAGE, MOVEMENT, VISIBILITY
A proper belay parka needs to free the user to execute their responsibility. Visibility is critical. The Nuclei AR's insulated StormHood™ is helmet compatible and provides full coverage warmth and weather protection. What distinguishes it is its design. The StormHood™ uses an ergonomic patterning that rotates with the head and employs a three point adjustment that allows exceptional peripheral vision without sacrificing coverage. A visor keeps eyes clear of falling snow and dripping water.Features:
• Packs up small for easy travel storage
• Great warmth-to-weight ratio
• Compressible and packable
• Highly water resistant
• Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
• Taped seams for added weatherproofness
• Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
• Articulated elbows
• Gusseted underarms
• Helmet compatible StormHood™
• Insulated hood
• Externally accessed hood drawcords
• Laminated visor protects from snow and dripping water
• Full front zip with chin guard and wind flap
• Adjustable hem drawcord
• Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
• Included mini stuff sack with drawcord closure
• Internal mesh dump pocket
• Stuff sack can be clipped to a harness
• Fit: Athletic Fit, Hip Length, Centre back length: 80 cm / 31.5 in
• N20mr-x WINDSTOPPER®
• Coreloft™ 100 (100 g/m² ) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fiber is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
• Coreloft™ 40 (40 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.