Women's Elektra 1227
The men's and women's Wrapp™ Pro bindings feature FlowTape™ silicone straps that glide through low-friction buckles with a smooth buckle release for easy on-off use. The 7075 aluminum frame is the lightest, strongest tubing available, and the variable ReactiV™ forming lends a stiffer, more responsive flex. To build on a legacy as storied as the women's 12 Series required us to design a snowshoe equipped to write the next chapter in Mountain Hiking performance.
• Elektra Design : The Elektra women's designs grew from a two-year biomechanics research program to a deep line of successful women's snowshoes that continue to lead the industry. Our Elektra frames are shaped to accommodate a woman's natural gait, with tapered tails, a narrower nose and outside rolling bends that nest the snowshoes together comfortably. Since women's needs are more than frame-deep, our binding designs are molded around a women's boot last, offer increased arch support and use carefully-placed strapping and padding to eliminate pressure points and keep circulation moving in the cold.
• Reactiv Frame : The most recent patent, the variable forming of our 7075 aluminum ReactiV™ frame changes from a cylindrical to an elliptical shape to increase strength where the frame bears the greatest loads for a stiffer, more responsive snowshoe frame.
• Spring-Loaded Suspension : An Atlas tenet from the beginning, Atlas' patented Spring-Loaded™ Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation. The suspension absorbs impact and lets your foot flex naturally side-to-side for a comfortable, stable position on traverses and uneven terrain. SLS enhances traction control too, as the flex provides deeper crampon penetration into the slope, especially on steep or off-angle terrain.
• Wrap Pro : The men's and women's Wrapp™ Pro bindings feature FlowTape™ silicone straps that glide through low-friction buckles with a smooth buckle release for easy on-off use.
• Duratek : The lightest and strongest deck-ing, Duratek uses a pebble-finish for more abrasion resistance on the 12 Series, Elektra 12 Series, Elektra 11 Series, and BC24 snowshoes.
• Heel Lift Bar : On steep climbs, calf muscles tire quickly and traction decreases when your foot matches the slope angle. The heel lift bar eases fatigue and ties directly into Advanced Aft Traction for grip.
• Zodiac Toe crampon
• Size : 27 in (69 cm)
• Surface Area : 176 sq in (1135 sq cm)
• Weight per Pair : 3.7 lbs (1.68 kg)
• Load : 120-200+ lbs (54-91+ kg)