Boy's Gotham Jacket
Ample pockets both at exterior and interior, and removable faux fur trim at fixed hood adds a side of style.
• Waterproof, breathable, fully seam sealed
• Insulated hood with removable faux fur trim
• Two chest pockets with snap closure
• Two handwarmer pockets with snap flap closure
• Internal media pocket
• Brushed collar lining
• Internal security pocket
• Fleece inner cuffs
• Adjustable drawcord at hem and waist
• Adjustable cuff tabs with Velcro® closure
• ID label
• Embroidered logo at left chest and back right shoulder
• Fabric: 70D x 160D 128 g/m² HyVent® 2L—100% nylon faille weave (bluesign® approved fabric) / lining: 70D 63 g/m² 100% nylon taffeta / insulation: 550 fill down
• Avg Weight: 1007 g (35.52 oz)
• Length from Center Back: 23"
A waterproof, breathable technology utilizing a polyurethane (PU) coating that consists of a tri-component, multi-layer formula for waterproof protection, moisture permeability and durability. HyVent® technology has been lab- and field-tested to ensure the best possible durability and function while also maintaining an optimum level of breathability. To test the level of waterproofness, we subjected HyVent® garments to 20 wash cycles, where garments retained an average of more than 60 PSI on the waterproofing Mullens test.
Goose Down Fill
The North Face is committed to improving animal welfare and traceability in the goose down and feather supply chain. We created the RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD (RDS) to help to ensure that our down does not come from animals that have been subject to any unnecessary harm, such as force-feeding or live-plucking, and to provide a traceability system to validate the original source of down used in The North Face products.
RDS-certified down will be rolled out this fall in select products with the ultimate goal of converting all of our down products to RDS-certified down by 2017.
To learn more about our commitment to the Responsible Down Standard.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.
• Superior Warmth and Comfort
• Lightweight Insulation
• Increased Loft Than Lesser Fill Downs (900 + 800 only)
• Highest Quality, High-Fill Power Goose Down