Patagonia Grade VII Down Parka - Men's
Runs Slightly Small
True to Size
Runs Slightly Large
Past seasonBuilt for the biggest, coldest mountains in the world, our Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our designers and ambassadors. At belays and bivies—any time you stop—the parka keeps your fire burning with its precise, fully baffled construction (laminated on the arms, shoulders and chest) and differentially cut shell and liner, which trap your heat with 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International, traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked). The design ensures that the loft stays in place, eliminating cold spots, regardless of severity of use, and elasticized stitching on the side panels of the liner hug the jacket into the body. The nylon ripstop shell is more robust in the sides and back, and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout. The helmet-compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and a high-loft draft collar; the two-way center-front zipper is backed with draft tubes to block cold air from sneaking through. Plenty of pockets keep you sorted when hell freezes over: Double chest pockets and double handwarmer pockets have down on both sides of the pocket bags to retain warmth when open, and four interior catch-all pockets (two on each side) have stretch mesh for draining snow melt (the back-right interior pocket has a hidden stash tube with keeper-loop for retaining the self-fabric stuffsack). The elasticized-stitch cuff openings sit gently on the wrist, locking in heat but also allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up at brew stops. The hem drawcord routes through the mini snowskirt several inches above the hem, pulling everything inward without draft spots and eliminating any hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks. Dialed.
• Light yet durable 100% nylon shell fabrics maximize wet-weather protection with a light DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout, and glued-baffle construction on arms, shoulders and chest
• Fully baffled construction and differentially cut shell and liner keep down lofted and eliminate cold spots; elasticized stitch on liner at side panels pulls jacket into the body
• Alpine helmet–compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar; two-way center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with kissing draft tubes
• Exterior pockets: two large chest pockets with zipper garages, and two large front pockets with stiffened welts for easy access; all pockets have down insulation on both sides of pocket bag to retain warmth when pockets are open
• Interior pockets: two catch-all pockets on each side of the front torso have stretch mesh for draining snowmelt; right-rear interior pocket has small stash pocket with keeper-loop for retaining self-fabric stuffsack
• Elasticized stitch at the cuff opening sits gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up
• Hem cord routes through mini snowskirt and is located well above hem to cinch toward body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside parka or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag
• Front shell: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Side and back shell: 1.2-oz 20-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR finish. Lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
• Country of origin : China
All sales are final.
Not finding your size?
Shop in-season styles with 90 day return on Altitude-Sports.com