Now crafted with contoured quilting around the waist for a flattering fit, this warm 550-fill down jacket protects your upper body, hips and thighs from exposure to the elements.Features
• Avg weight: 850 g (30 oz)
• Center back: 38''
• Solid: 100% nylon with durable water-repellent (DWR) finish
• Heather: 55% polyester, 45% nylon with DWR finish
• HCV: 83% polyester, 17% nylon with DWR finish
• Lining: 100% nylon
• Insulation: 550 fill goose down certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) by Control Union
• Warm down-insulated jacket with contoured quilting for waist definition and improved fit
• Removable, snap-off hood
• Down cocoon brim on hood adds warmth and protection
• Two-way front zip
• Covered-zip hand pockets
• Media compatible
• Darts on back waist for shaping
• Rolled-over elastic inner cuffs and hem
• Embroidered logo on chest and back
• 550-fill goose down meets the Responsible Down Standard (RDS)Goose Down Fill
The North Face is committed to improving animal welfare and traceability in the goose down and feather supply chain. We created the RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD (RDS) to help to ensure that our down does not come from animals that have been subject to any unnecessary harm, such as force-feeding or live-plucking, and to provide a traceability system to validate the original source of down used in The North Face products.
RDS-certified down will be rolled out this fall in select products with the ultimate goal of converting all of our down products to RDS-certified down by 2017.
To learn more about our commitment to the Responsible Down Standard.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face® tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression.
The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face® products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.
• Superior Warmth and Comfort
• Lightweight Insulation
• Increased Loft Than Lesser Fill Downs (900 + 800 only)
• Highest Quality, High-Fill Power Goose Down
All sales are final.