Women's Free Thinker Jacket
• Fabric: 70D 156 g/m² (5.5 oz/yd²) GORE-TEX® Pro 3L—100% nylon plain weave with woven ripstop backer
• Big-mountain riding jacket crafted of waterproof, durable GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
• Steep Series collection is fully featured for on-mountain performance
• Relaxed ergo fit is engineered with articulation and extra ease
• Waterproof, breathable, fully seam sealed
• Adjustable, helmet-compatible, fixed hood
• Bonded brim
• YKK® matte polyurethane (PU) center front zip
• YKK® matte PU zip chest pocket
• YKK® PU zip chest pocket with radio-holder pocket
• PU pit-zip vents
• Bonded, flap-cover, water-resistant zip wrist utility pocket with goggle cloth
• Bonded, flap-cover, water-resistant zip hand pockets
• Thumb-loop cuffs
• Hook-and-loop, adjustable, bonded cuff tabs
• Internal water-resistant, insulated phone pocket
• Internal stretch-mesh goggle/lens pocket
• Internal stretch-mesh stash pocket
• Articulated stretch woven powder skirt with bonded tabs with silicon gripper elastic
• Clip integration easily connects jacket to pant waistband
• Adjustable hem
• Avg Weight: 685 g (24.16 oz)
• Center Back: 29''
The North Face® partners with GORE-TEX® to deliver the industry's most innovative and highest performance waterproof, windproof and breathable weather protection.
GORE-TEX® fabrics lead the industry in providing durable waterproof, breathable protection. The GORE-TEX® membrane is completely impervious to rain, sleet and snow, while allowing perspiration to pass through it from within. Tiny pores in the GORE-TEX® membrane allow perspiration to escape while preventing water from entering.
• Protection in Rain and Snow
• Ideal for Skiing and Climbing.
GORE-TEX PERFORMANCE SHELL
This fabric is designed to provide superior comfort and durable waterproof protection in a wide range of outdoor activities. The GORE-TEX® revolutionary patented membrane technology is specifically engineered to form an impenetrable barrier against wind and water while maintaining breathability. GORE-TEX® Performance Shell fabric is used in a two-layer construction for a lighter and softer feel and in three-layer construction for a heavier-duty alternative.
• Waterproof and windproof protection
• Versatile for skiing, cycling, mountaineering and snowboarding.
GORE-TEX PRO SHELL
GORE-TEX® Pro Shell is engineered with the most rugged, highly breathable fabrics, making it ideal for extended exposure to extreme conditions. These fabrics are designed to perform at an elite level in order to meet the demands of outdoor professionals and serious enthusiasts alike. The advanced waterproof membrane used by GORE-TEX® Pro Shell fabric incorporates increased breathability characteristics, allowing the user to enjoy longer exposure to harsh conditions without losing vital body heat.
• Extended Durability in Extreme Conditions
• Extremely Waterproof and Windproof
• Enhanced Breathability
• Ideal for Outdoor Professionals and Serious Enthusiasts.
GORE-TEX PACLITE SHELL
Introduced in 2009, this exclusive Paclite® membrane is laminated to lightweight, strong nylon textiles to produce garments that are extremely breathable, compressible and durably waterproof. This membrane contains a protective black layer that is made of an ''oil-hating'' (oleophobic) polymer and carbon that allows perspiration vapor to pass through, but prohibits body oils, cosmetics, salt water and insect repellents from altering the waterproof qualities of the membrane. Extremely compressible, this fabric packs extremely small. .
• Durable Wind- and Waterproofness
• Extremely Breathable
• Lightweight, Packable and Versatile
• Lighter and Smaller to Pack Away than other GORE-TEX® Products.
• Ideal for Hiking, Cycling, Running, and other sports where weight and space are critical.